Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Norman's prayer

One time I hurt my toe at the door.. It was extremely hurt and made me shout "ouch!!!!" And I started to say in Bahasa "aduuh sakit, sakit ..." - which is means "ouch, it's hurt" - several times. I didn't notice that Norman was there and looking at me. Suddenly he began to speak and touched my feet with his little hand and said "Tuhan Yesus, tolong papi..sakit..amen" - Lord Jesus, help papi/daddy.. hurt..amen". I knew he made a mistake by saying "papi" not "mami", but I realized that is because everytime Eka (my husband) gone for ministry I always ask him to pray for his dad. But at that time, it was his very first time to pray by himself.. and he prayed for me!!!! he was 2,7 years old...
The pain I felt was disapeared.. What I felt was changed into a wonderful joy which made my tears came down. In the very young age, he knows that there's a time when God is the only solution. Sometimes we need to be as pure as Norman, no need to think how, why, when, where... but just pray.

1 comments:

Pete Pentecostal said...

And Norman will be casting out demons in another year!